AFCB – Official club website
Our final club recipe is Lamb and Harissa Sausage Rolls.
Give it a try over the next few weeks and tweet us how you do!
- 600g minced lamb
- 2 tablespoons of harissa
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 1 candied lemon zest (finely chopped)
- Plain flour (small amount for dusting)
- 325 g ready-to-use puff pastry
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Add the lamb, harissa, spices, cilantro, garlic and lemon to a large bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour to make sure the dough doesn’t stick.
- Spread the roll of puff pastry on it.
- Cut it in the middle lengthwise, then roll out each piece with a rolling pin so that it measures about 15 x 40 cm.
- Divide the lamb mixture into four and roll each into a sausage shape with your hands.
- Place two, end to end, on one of the pieces of dough.
- Then, brush the egg along one of the long sides of the dough to help the dough seal while baking.
- Pull the other side to cover the sausage shapes and press the sides together.
- Repeat with the remaining meat and dough.
- Cut each ball of dough into four.
- Move them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush each sausage roll with the egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
Contains eggs, gluten, soy and sesame. Some jars of harissa may contain nuts and peanuts. Please be sure to check the label on all items brought into the store, as allergens may vary between vendors.